- Eclipse Neon Release (4.6.3)
- Eclipse BPMN2 modeler https://www.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/ (not strictly necessary but highly recommended to design BPMN models)
Download BProVe Tool-Chain
- The current version of BPRoVe plugin is available in the Eclipse Marketplace at https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/bprove.
- BProVe update site http://pros.unicam.it/BProVe_update_site/
- From the menu choose:
Install New Software...
- Click the
- In the
Add Repositorydialog that appears, paste the BProVe update site http://pros.unicam.it/BProVe_update_site/ click the
Group items by category
Nextand follow the procedure
Behind the scene
- The current version of the BPMN 2.0 semantics implemented in MAUDE is stored in a repository Git Repository https://PROSLab@bitbucket.org/proslabteam/bpmnos.git, to run it you need to download Maude.
Usage of BProVe Tool-Chain in Eclipse
Design a BPMN 2.0 model in Eclipse and click the BProVe button to open a menu. Select the model you want to verify, select the path to save the result, then click “Generate”. This step will parse the BPMN 2.0 model into the syntax used by the BPMNOS semantics.
If you want to proceed with some properties verification, press “Yes” and a menu will pop up to allow you to select the property you want to check. The result of the verification will be displayed in a Text Area of the menu. If a graphical counterexample is present, a BPMN 2.0 model will be displayed with highlighted the path that does not verify the property.
- F. Corradini, A. Polini, B. Re, F. Tiezzi: An Operational Semantics of BPMN Collaboration. FACS 2015: 161-180.
- F. Corradini, F. Fornari, A. Polini, B. Re, A. Vandin, F. Tiezzi. BProVe: a Formal Verification Framework for Business Process Models. 32nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, ASE 2017. Urbana Champaign, Illinois, USA, October 30 – November 3, 2017.
- F. Corradini, F. Fornari, A. Polini, B. Re, A. Vandin, F. Tiezzi. BProVe: Tool Support for Business Process Verification. 32nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, ASE 2017 – Tool Demo. Urbana Champaign, Illinois, USA, October 30 – November 3, 2017.